Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why I could never leave: entry #2

Hi,
So...Why I could never leave (continued)
I was thinking while I was on my way home from work about "why I could never leave." I know it to be true, and I started thinking it is like me knowing about negative numbers. I remember when I was in kindergarten, we were talking about subtraction and how it is impossible to figure out what one minus two equaled. An answer didn't exist to that question, and then some crazy boy named Matt was like "You just use negative numbers. It's negative one."
poor poor Matt, he was crazy, there was no such things as negative numbers. (even though his mom taught him about it) One minus two was an impossible problem and I told him just that. We got in an argument and since there was more of Anti-negative-number-ites with me, we won that battle. Then, whatever grade I learned about negative numbers in, I learned that there was in fact negative numbers. huh.....I guess Matt was right the whole time.

I feel like my testimony of the gospel  is like negative numbers. I'm just some crazy kid that has no idea what I'm talking about until you learn for yourself. and I could never leave because  I just can't unlearn about negative numbers. Negative numbers totally exist. The gospel helps me understand solutions to more problems than I had before (and in case you were wondering, having answers is nice) and it totally is true. :)

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment