Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why I could never leave: entry #4

Hi blog!
So I had a pretty groovy day today...I got out of work early, I had lunch with a super awesome friend, I crafted some story stones with my mom for her preschool (super fun) and I got a visit from my home teachers.
First, my home teachers are good guys, and I like good guys. Second, I love it when people do their home and visiting teaching. I've been struggling with the things I need to do and figuring out what I need to do next.  So they came over, I said some awkward jokes, they pity laughed, they shared their testimonies of the Resurrection. It was good times and I appreciated and needed the spirit they brought.

So it's the close of the lesson we are saying our goodbyes and I want to thank them because once upon a time, I didn't have the priesthood in my home. At that time I needed a priesthood blessing and I didn't know who to turn to. I didn't know my Bishop well, I didn't know who my home teachers were, I didn't have any close priesthood-holding friends that I could call or feel comfortable coming over.

So anyway, I start to say "thank you" and I start crying. I didn't mean to start crying, it was not something that needed a good cry. That was a "crazy cry" so of course I have to say I'm sorry, which of course only makes me look more crazy. oh yea and ps, I was crying because of the spirit. (I think that's an important point.....)

So, I guess my testimony for tonight is, 1: I can never leave because I've been blessed with awesome people in my life that make sure I have what I need. and 2: I have no choice (because I don't lie to myself) but to acknowledge when the Holy Ghost is speaking to me. The Holy Ghost is a real being and it's kinda awesome....scratch that, it's super awesome, to know that I can be lead to do right. 3: the lesson was on the Resurrection, and Christ did suffer for our sins and He did die and He does live.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.


Unrelated note: I would like to formally apologize if ever there is an English teacher reading this......It's bad (I know)......so very very bad..........

No comments:

Post a Comment