Tuesday, June 28, 2011

testimony #14: The Spirit

Hello,
So I just got done with Temple Tuesday, followed by some sweet guitar-ing. It has been a good night :)
And I felt the spirit :) the spirit is awesome. It totally guides you and things.
It is a wonderful companion to have in your life. I know that when I'm heedful to the spirit, good things happen to me :)
I'm trying to think of an example, but I can only think of a time when I didn't listen to it...I mean I do listen to the spirit, I guess it's just not memorable enough for me, how sad it that? (oh right, very sad...)
Um, OK! I know,
So this is from a wonderful time when I was moved out and on my own (good times)
I was at church after a meeting just chilling, and I saw one of my friends. And by friends I means someone whose name I knew and we talked maybe a few times. (cuz I'm popular like that) And I'm like a really shy person and I was all quiet and stuff  and didn't talk to many people. And if I did know you, I would smile and stuff if we made eye contact or whatever, but typically I didn't make any efforts to make myself known or anything.
Anyway something was telling me to invite her over, so I did. I asked her how she was doing and I asked "Can I make you dinner this week?" and she was like "Yea" or some sorta similar verbiage.
And then she told me that she was having a hard week and she really appreciated the offer, and she needed it and stuff. So yea, I followed the spirit and helped someone out :) and then totally got a cool friend over it :) we had a good time and talked and we both helped each other through some things :) and I would never have had that experience if I hadn't listened to the spirit....the end...
I know that lives are blessed when we listen to the promptings that are guiding us. I know that the spirit will bring out awesome things in ourselves and will help us in ways we don't understand. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I know that Jesus is the Christ and I know that He died for out sins. I know that we are all children of God. I know that the church is true, the scriptures are true and other things are also true.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

until later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment