Friday, June 17, 2011

Testimony #2: dentist prayer

Hello again,
So I'm posting this after midnight so I technically didn't testimony on the 16th, but, I haven't gone to bed yet so I'm counting it :)

So, I would like to bear my testimony about prayer
I even have a story to illustrate it
So I was at the dentist getting a root canal because I have hill-billy teeth
and I have this big ol' rubber dam in my mouth and it's being propped open with one of those wedge thingies
Everything is going alright, and the dentist decides on doing more work and getting it done in one visit instead of two.
and I was like whatever.  Even if I did care, I have a rubber dam in my mouth, I don't have the luxury of verbal protest. So he continues with his work and I continue to drool on myself when I start to feel tingling where I have been numbed. and I thought "oh crap! my mouth is becoming feely again!"
So I try to tell the dentist "I'm starting to feel my tooth" and I point to my mouth but it sounds more like "Au au-e u e u oo" while pointing at my mouth
So  he reaches over and moves the dam a little bit looks at me and says "Is that better?"
and I know that if I do anything besides saying "uh hu" that he will have no idea what I'm saying. So i go "uh hu" and send my brain into a panic while he turns the drill back on
and I mean that drill sound is probably one of the most unnerving sounds I think ever, but it's timed by like a billion when your Novocain or whatever they use is wearing off.
and this is about what I was thinking at that point..."HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP! WHAT DO I DO??? Pray!!!" and I say the quickest of prayers to my Heavenly Father that I won't be able to feel, or that everything will work out, I don't really remember, I just remember praying, and being very sincere
and you know what? I didn't feel a single thing :) the tingling even went away. Probably immediately, I didn't even notice. I was calmer, I was relaxed even. and everything went swimmingly. I said goodbye after my work was done I walked out to my car thanking Heavenly Father in another quick prayer, knowing He had a hand in it. I get to my car and as soon as I sat down my tooth started hurting like a mother! like immediately! and I thought, "I know that was not just my mind, I know that my prayer was heard"
and I still know, I know that my Heavenly Father is there, and that He listens to my prayer and He answers them. I know that anytime I ask in faith I will receive an answer. 
and I leave my testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

until tomorrow....er....later today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment