Friday, July 1, 2011

Testimony #17:

Aaaaaaaand go!
So today after work I was again listening to my general conference app (totally free ps!)
And I was listening to the opening remarks by President Monson of the 2010 October Saturday morning session, he spoke about temples. I could feel how much he loves temples and temple work. I started thinking about how I go (try to go) every week. I felt super awesome. But it just struck me how much I could feel President Monson's testimony of how wonderful they are. They are. They are absolutely wonderful :) I love Temple Tuesday. I not this last Tuesday, but the one before. I was talking to a lady (I forgot her name...sorry!) from Tennessee (I might be wrong I can't remember....sorry again!) She was saying that the closest temple to where she is is a 3 hour drive! I have 5 within 40 minutes! (I'm pretty sure....Salt Lake, Jordan River, Oquirh Mountain, Draper, Bountiful...Am I missing any?) but wow, how spoiled am I? (my southern friend said I was "privileged"....I think that was the word) But I am privileged, I am so blessed to have something so wonderful in my life, and I am so blessed to have friends that would venture there with me every week. I haven't consciously thought about how peaceful it is when I go. Or how I'm always happy when I go (and leave). I get a load off when I go there :) Everything seems to fall into place while I'm there. I love the temples, I know that they are Houses of God. I know that the work that gets done there is sacred. I know that participating in the work gets me blessings :) I know that they are important and necessary to our salvation. I have felt a difference in my life since I started going. I think they are wonderful :)
I don't understand how someone like me is so blessed. I don't know why I was privileged to have the gospel my whole life. I am humbled and grateful to be who and where I am. I feel overwhelmed when I consider how many blessings I have. How protected I've been. I love the gospel :) I love everything about it. It brings love, comfort, peace, growth and so many other blessings and challenges (and ways to overcome challenges ;) )
I hope, to anyone that does fall upon this ol blog, realize: you are loved. Even if you don't feel like you are, trust me, someone is watching over you praying for you. Even if you feel lonely or misunderstood, know, please, that someone is pulling for you on the other side of the veil. If you feel hated, ugly, worthless, pick yourself up and know that you are the most wonderful you that has ever been. You are irreplaceable! There is no one on earth that can do what you can do. No one that can influence the people in your lives the way you can. Please don't sell yourself short. You are wonderful. You have a purpose (YES! YOU!) I don't think people understand how influential they can be. some of the best pick-me-ups I've had was from  a simple "hello", a smile, a text, a "are you ok?", one day someone simply sat next to me at church :) You are that to someone, and you may not even know it.
anyway, wow, that was really.....mormon of me :) oh sorry President Packer that was really Later Day Saint of me haha....I'm a dork.....I'm ok with it :)
well I guess I should close with
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

See y'all tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment