Friday, July 29, 2011

Testimony #44: Word of Wisdom

Hello,
The Internet is totally back up! Hoorah!
So, hmm...let's see....
Tonight I was writing up my testimony, and I got distracted. I went places online (not bad places, but just other places) and now I let the spirit I had with me leave. (again nothing bad, just distracting places)
I suck...I really don't know why I'm having such a hard time with following the spirit.
I'm pretty much getting discouraged, but I know I can do it and I know I can devote my time and attention to my Father in Heaven. I know what I need to do, but I don't know what to do...ya know?
I know what I need to do, but I don't know how to motivate myself. I don't know why I'm like this lately!
I was making progress for a while. Maybe, well, no I won't make excuses for myself.
I guess I'm trying to find balance between what I want and what I need and what I should. I'm trying and I'm not trying. I'm not being diligent or disciplined. For anyone out there with self-discipline, kudos.
Oh wait I know what's wrong! and I've even been saying it. I'M NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP!!!
I NEED to get to bed ON TIME! I need to get up ON TIME!!! I'm going to give myself a bed time right now.....I always feel so lame going to bed before midnight...ok I go to bed at 11 o clock! I start getting ready for bed at 10:30! maybe I'll try writing this earlier....maybe in the mornings or whatever....(but that's not going to happen right away I can tell you that)
So I would like to bare my testimony on the importance of Doctrine and Convenience 89! word of wisdom!
for those of you unfamiliar with the word of wisdom, pretty much it says "take care of your body"  Don't smoke, drink, do drugs, don't eat too much meat, get to bed and wake up early, exorcise...stuff like that. Why do these things? well...
Your body is sacred. YOUR BODY IS SACRED!!! It is a gift from our Heavenly Father. It is unique and FOR YOU! We only have one. we need to treat it right. What we eat/drink/do does effect us. and I know that if we follow the guidelines found in Doctrine and Convenience 89 we will be able to feel the spirit more. Yea! I do! We can be our best when we feel our best. Having problems with your self esteem? go to bed!
Want to find some revelation? work out for a while, go jogging or something. Want to be blessed? well put down that twinkie my friend :) (but just fyi I'm not saying never eat a twinkie.....mmm)
I know that our bodies and spirit work together, So if we want to be strong in one, we also have to be strong in the other.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen..

go to bed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment