Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Testimony #20: scriptures

Happy Forth of July!
and welcome to yet another short testimony coming at you at odd hours of the night!
I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. I have a testimony of the scriptures.
Here, I'll share a story of how awesome they are...
So I was on a road trip with some of my friends. I love my friends dearly, but they were not LDS. And that's totally cool but sometimes we don't always see eye to eye. Cuz I'm like "swearing is bad!" and they're all "drinking is fun!" So they were doing that sorts of things on the road trip and I was feeling very alone. I was very discouraged and there was a lot of tension on the trip (some non-LDS related drama just FYI)
But yea, I was discouraged and I didn't feel good or accepted or nothing. I was wondering why they wanted me on the trip and I was wondering why I was there. So I decided to read some scriptures. I opened them up and they randomly fell on-
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those that morn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they who hunger after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they that are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for they the prophets that were persecuted before you.
I just started crying. I felt overwhelming comfort. Those scriptures were so for me at that point. :) That moment strengthened my testimony of the power of the scriptures and the truth and comfort they hold.
It also let me know, once again, that my Heavenly Father loves me and is watching over me. He know where I am in my life and what I need.
I would like to bare my testimony of the scriptures. They are true :) I know I'm lucky to have them in my life. I know that I can always find comfort, support, encouragement, and all sorts of other good things. :)
I know that God loves me and cares for me. I know that He has given me everything I have. I owe my whole existence to Him. 
I know that my Redeemer lives, I know He died and suffered for my sins. I know that if I am faithful I can return to live with my Heavenly Father once again.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment