Sunday, July 17, 2011

Testimony #32: Media

Hello,
I've decided I let the world in too much and too fast after I got back from girls camp. I'm feeling pretty challenged right now. Not like super trialy or nothin, just like....tempted I guess to be lax or whatever.
I need to stay on it. I've really been having a battle with media and art and trying to keep them appropriate.
I want to bare my testimony of good media effecting you (and me of course)
For a long while I loved movies, good movies, I looked for them watched a review site pretty religiously, short films, old films on youtube, awesome. but not really because there were those that weren't uplifting at all...
and I would think about really what the big deal was. What was the big deal over a bit of violence, some language, a sex scene...well...
I am an artist (this connects I promise) I love art, I love everything to do with art. I think it can express things and make you feel things that you didn't even know you were capable of. I think it can touch and effect you and you don't even recognize the feeling you are feeling.
I also have seen some great works of art on screen. Movie making is an art form, a lot of things go into them and yer, they do effect you. Along with that you can attach music, books, photography, and a bunch o others I'm too tired to think of right now....
but yes, If you listen and watch good things, good feelings come to you. I dare you to try it, even for a little while. Try 2 weeks. I double dog dare you, no I triple dog dare you (because you can't say no to those)
I've tried it and I have seen a difference in my life. I have a testimony of seeking praiseworthy things.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment