Monday, August 1, 2011

Testimony #48: Missionaries

Hi,
I keep getting a little freaked out about how high the testimony count is. It doesn't seem like I've done that many. So, just an update (if y'all were worried/wondering) I've been following the promptings more and more, and I have that super great feeling of the spirit more and more. :) My heart feels super warm.
I was just thinking about missionaries....they are great. If you were/are a missionary, thank you! you are doing something that takes so much dedication, good for you. You are putting your Heavenly Father before you, that is amazing. You all inspire me. I know what your teaching is true. You stand for truth and righteousness. You guys are awesome. Missions are fantastic, and I don't know because I haven't served one, but I do know that for 2 years or a year and a half you are caring about your fellow brothers and sisters.
I have a testimony of both serving missions and the people who serve them. Missionary work is so vital, reaching out to others and letting them know that they too are loved by our Heavenly Father. I know that the people who serve their mission's diligently are blessed exponentially. I know that those experiences can not be replicated or replaced. I know that the work is good. I know that bringing others you love (or maybe people you don't know yet) to our Heavenly Father is the greatest service you can perform.
I know that if you can share the gospel, you will allow those who feel alone to feel loved. You will let the chastised feel valuable. You will let the weary feel strength. You will be showing everyone that they are loved by Heavenly Father and that He knows them. You will allow them know that they are worth the sacrifice the Savior gave to them. You realize this too ok? Everyone out there...YOU ARE WORTH WHAT THE SAVIOR SACRIFICED!!! He wouldn't have done it if you weren't. Even if it was just one soul, no one else did anything of good report with their lives except one person.....The Savior would have suffered for everyone's sins, just for that one person, just for you.
Everyone you see around you is worth that much. Everyone around you deserves to hear the gospel. They deserve that chance. They deserve that love.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment