Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Testimony #50: my bicentennial

Hi,
So this one is going to kind of continue on from the last testimony. So I was talking about how I would constantly ask Heavenly Father for confirmation on things that I had already gotten confirmation on. And I keep writing it and reading it and it's still confusing I think, so I will illustrate with a pretend story....
I was reading my scriptures one night and I got a prompt to go fly a kite..."fly a kite?" I said out loud "are you sure?" I was prompted to pray, and after I got over my fears that I might end up flying a kite, I knelt down and talked with my Heavenly Father. Sure enough he wanted me to fly a kite. I felt the spirit, and I was still  unsure. The next day, I knew I was supposed to fly a kite, I knelt and prayed again, I felt nothing. "Few" I thought "I almost had to fly a kite, but Heavenly Father doesn't want me to anymore."
My week went by and again I was impressed to fly a kite. I prayed and found that "yes, fly a kite" was the answer. Once again, when the time came I prayed once more, (I was so afraid of that darn kite!) nothing came, I stopped. I told myself God was saying "never mind."  So I pushed it to the back of my mind.  I should have listened, and flew a kite.

so that's the end of my weird pretend story. Does that make sense? I get an answer and then I pray again to get the same answer.
I've realized that I need to rely on my faith more. I need to have confidence in the spirit. I need to realize that I don't need to constantly have that confirmation spirit to know that Heavenly Father wants me to do something. I can have my faith bridge the gap of my fears. If I did know exactly what Heavenly Father wanted from me and I never had anything to worry about or fear, my faith would conquer nothing. My self doubt and fears of inadequacy can be beaten by faith. Faith is action. Faith is strength. Faith is what I need.
Faith really does move mountains, even if it's one stone at a time. Faith doesn't necessarily make it easier, but faith always makes it possible. Faith gets it done :)

I have a testimony of faith and what it does to your trials. Faith conquers them :) Faith brings comforts and new challenges and progress. Faith is awesome :)
I also want to bare testimony of temples. Temples truly are a house of God. They bring such comfort and peace. I, just today, felt the power of the temples.
I bare testimony that God knows us. He knows our names and circumstances. He puts people and experiences in your life that speaks to you. He will guide you if you allow Him. He will speak to you if you listen. He will love you if you exist. Oh wait  you do, He loves you. He wants the very best for you. He always wants to be a part of your life. He wants you to return to Him. He wants you to be happy. He wants to challenge you so you can understand what you're capable of. He wants you to serve and love others as He loves and serves you. He is my Father. He is your Father. He lives. Jesus Christ lives. Christ is our Savior. He died for all of us. He loves us. We can all be worthy of living once again with our Heavenly Father. We all have worth.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment