Monday, August 1, 2011

Testimony #47:revelation

Hi friends :)
So my computer is almost out of battery so I'm going to try and get this up before it dies :)
I have a testimony of revelation. I have a wonderful c
It died at that point haha.
Anyway, I can't remember what exactly I was saying but, I know it had something to do with revelation....haha
But I have struggled all my life with recognizing revelation. It's super hard...I never knew if it was from the Lord or if it was my own thoughts. I was never confident with it.
Well, last night I was trying to sort out some things.Things that I had already made decisions about. So when I had to rethink them, it was pretty confusing. So, after I had rethunk them. (which I say now is a word) I was like "huh?" because it was the opposite of what I had thought earlier. Then I got this thought to pray about it. And I was like "no" because if the answer was what I rethought it to be, it was really scary. But then I was like "ok" so I prayed about it, confirmed it and went to bed.
But whenever I make a decision like that, there is always a thought in the back of my mind saying it was me who changed my mind. Even though I had like that warm spirity feeling :)
So I go to church today and the talk in sacrament meeting was revelation, and I was like "cool" and I got some revelation, and that was that I have received revelation. That those feelings I felt were from God.
So that's like double revelation.
I also want to bare my testimony about following promptings of the spirit. So, I was talking to one of my super cool friends whom I love. (and I'm not sure if I used "whom" right) and I got prompted to share something very personal. Something that I had only told four people. I don't like sharing this information. I wish I didn't have this information to share. I just don't like it. but something was like "share share share!" and I was like "no no fine!" and so I told my dear friend (who rocks) and I said "I don't even know why I'm saying this" and it wasn't the most comfortable thing for me. In fact, it was wicked uncomfortable for me. I was making a face the whole time I was sharing. So I told my friend and she was super awesome and we talked a while more and she gave me advice and told me she was there if I needed anything. come to her. And it was a good experience, but I still didn't understand why I had to share that information with her.
I was embarassed and self concious about what I had told her. But, there were other things on my mind that night that took off the emphasis.
Well, I was again with my super awesome friend, and she totally opened up to me. And I know that if I hadn't shared what I did, she wouldn't have felt comfortable talking to me. That embarrassing information strengthened our friendship :) I know I can trust her with anything and still be accepted. And I hope she feels the same about me. I am SO grateful that I followed the spirit, if I hadn't I would have never have had such an awesome experience. I would never had known about what she was going through, and we wouldn't have been there to help each other through. I know it's really general but like I said, it's super personal....
But I have a strong testimony of the Holy Ghost. I have a testimony of revelation. I know we are all capable of following it and experiencing it. I know that we can find revelation when we listen to the still small voice. I know that my Redeemer lives and that He died for my sins and was resurrected. I know that He lives and I know that God lives. I know that God and Jesus Christ are rooting for us. I know that God and Christ loves each and everyone of us. I know that the atonement is real. I know the church is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment