Tuesday, August 16, 2011

testimony #63: Finding comfort in the temple

Hi,
so i want to start out by saying I love my Heavenly Father, I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love going to the temple. Oh yea, and I love my friends that have been such a good influence on me and have allowed me to be the kind of person (super Mormon) that I am striving to be.
So, yea, I don't know if I made mention of this, (and I'm not going to look back and try to find it) but on Wednesday, when I went to the temple, I got a terrifying prompting. A super cool prompting, but straight up terrifying. I've been stressing about it, quite a lot. First I questioned whether or not it was the spirit or my mind making stuff up (cuz I really want it). Second, it is quite daunting. I was told to be patient and I just don't know what to do with that. (be patient I know ;) ) The more I thought about this thing, the more I was confused whether or not I was talking myself in or out of it. I've been driving myself crazy. Well, I went back to the temple today, I went wanting to know if what I felt was true last time. (but remember my testimony where Heavenly Father was like "I don't need to tell you more than once that it's true") I wanted to know if I was feeling the spirit. Well, I decided to read about being humble to Heavenly Father and His will. I know it's something that I want. It's something that I've been praying for (though my answer was MUCH more specific than i was expecting....very specific) So if it was the spirit I felt, I wanted to be able to go through with it. If it wasn't I wanted to be able to pull myself away from it. I want to accept what the Lord wants for me.
So I was reading about being humble, ready to chastise myself. and instead I got a message of comfort. I was reading a magazine (I can't remember what one) but there was a quote of "sometimes we all go through hard times" or something like that. Then I read "I'm grateful to have the gospel in my life, I can receive comfort from it" or something like that. Then as I was driving home I was listening to my general conference app and listened to letting my soul be at rest, to be at peace. If I take the yoke of Christ upon me, I will feel peace. I will not be relieved of my work or effort, but I will be relieved from my spiritual uneasiness. I ended my day with a feeling from the Lord like "trust me" and I'm like "ok :)"
So, this is me trusting the Lord, I will be patient with what I should do, I will know that I am in His hands, I will know that whatever works out, if I follow His guidance, will be the best thing for me. I will let my spirit rest and focus on what the Lord wants me to do.
I want to testify that Heavenly Father lives. I testify that Jesus Christ lives. He lived and died for us. He payed the price for our sins so that we can return to our Father again one day. I know that the temples are a sacred place of worship. I know that if we visit regularly, we will be blessed substantially. I know that the church is true, the scriptures are chalk full of answers and prayer is pretty much the bees knees.
I love this gospel and have a strong testimony of it. I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

ps if you are my friend, thank you for being my friend and being a super awesome influence in my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment