Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Testimony #57: Just be who the Lord wants you to be

Hello all,
So, I've been having some super cool experiences that have strengthened my testimony and has helped my understanding and trust in the Lord. I'm gonna share this with you, and I'm going to try to be as vague as possible because I'm like that....so.....
I had an opportunity this week to do something I was nervous about. Super nervous. So I was planning on praying for help and protection. Then I get a thought in my head that was deterring me from taking advantage of the opportunity. I didn't want to listen, so I thought of a justification and went on my way. The next day, another thing of deterring me followed by my response of justifying. Needless to say, I had a pretty bum week. I was real crabby and kind of lost and sad. It was bum.
So I finally said "Ok Heavenly Father" and I felt peace :)
and part of the reason I was able to finally submit and feel that peace is because of my wonderful friends.
They were all doing things so much harder than what I had to do and they were all doing it so willingly. My inspiration also came from prayer. I kept asking for strength to do what I should and Heavenly Father gave it to me. :)Yet another part was my listening to conference talks and recalling lessons from Sunday school and seminary.
So from this I know that Heavenly Father knows me and what I need to hear in order to be able to follow His spirit. I know that He puts people in my life that can carry me forward. I know He wants me to succeed and He knows that I am able to listen and accept help from those He puts around me.
I also know that He listens and answers my prayers. I know that He helps me when I ask in faith. I know that my testimony of my Lord is nothing to be ashamed of. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. BE NOT THOU THEREFORE ASHAMED OF THE TESTIMONY OF OUR LORD...." (2 Timothy 1:7-8) I know that if I stand up for what is right, I will be blessed.
And I know that the scriptures are truly the word of God and the prophets and apostles were/are truly men of God (the were part being for the past ones....) I know their words are for us. I know that their words are from God. I know that God communicates with us today through them. I know that listening, reading and studying these things are SO beneficial. I know that if we do, if we listen to the council, we will find peace. I know that even if we are saddened or tried because of what we are asked to do; we will find peace.
I know that my Savior lives. I know that I am loved and looked after. I know that God knows and loves me. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment