Friday, August 12, 2011

Testimony #58: Temples and the spirit

Hello,
So I've made mention of how often I go to the temple (every Tuesday) but this week I went Wednesday instead. I also went Wednesday last week (on top of Tuesday) Work was super icky and I needed some peace, so I went. So yesterday when I went again, I was feeling super stellar. I remember walking in feeling so good. I felt loved and looked after. I was getting teary eyed and I was like "stop it! you're not even in the temple yet!"
I totally recognized some people while I was in there too. It was cool. I got some revelation in there that is pretty cool slash terrifying slash are you sure (the last are you sure was me asking me, Heavenly Father knows exactly...He's always sure.) So yea, good luck to me with that one. :) Now I just need to be worthy to hear the promptings to carry it forth and stuff...so far, I could be better, I could always be better, But you know how Heavenly Father will wake you up early so He can tell you stuff? well I go back to sleep. Or how He'll give you a prompting to get off of youtube? I say "after this video" And yea I guess they're "small things" but I need as much help as I can get. I need to wake up. I need to put my phone down, I need to pray. I need my Heavenly Father's help. I don't know how to do a lot of things that He's been asking me to do. I've been getting by on the spirit. I've miss understood a lot. I'm still confused about things. I'm still not confident about what receive as revelation. I'm scared to ask. I need to ask. I need my Heavenly Father's help. I do not have the luxury of letting these opportunities go to waste. I don't know what I should do. I need the spirit as a constant companion, so I should live worthily of that precious gift. I want so badly to align my will with my Father's but at the same time I hold my self back with my selfishness. I want to be better, so I should be better. I know that if I start right now by praying, I will have gotten that much better. I know that if I seek guidance I will find it. I know that if I start trusting now, right now, then I will be that much better off. I will not fail. I mean why would the Lord ask you to trust Him and be like "Just kidding!" no, He's gonna be like "Thanks for doing that my child. I love you, here have some blessings." and you'll be like "whoa! blessings!?'

But anyway, I know the Lord loves me, I know He has a plan for me. I know that I can find that path and remain faithful if I trust in Him and put forth the effort. I know that He knows what I desire and what I need. I know that His will and my want won't always line up. I know that if I give up those things that are holding me back, He will bless me. I know that if I trust the spirit I will be led to the things that will get the job done. I know that if I rely on my Heavenly Father, I will be blessed, and very much well off. I know that my Redeemer lives and I testify to all of you that He loves us, He knows us and He fights for our happiness. I know that we can ALL become whole through the Atonement of Christ.
I say these things humbly in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

bye now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment