Friday, August 19, 2011

Testimony #65: missionary stuff

Hey,
So I don't know what I'm gonna testify about tonight...this will be an adventure...aren't you excited? So...yea...My brother emailed me yesterday, it was pretty awesome :) I was telling him about my crazy scary prompting and he gave more words of encouragement. I think all of his recent emails included "you're the best" in them. Man I miss that kid....Oh yea and I guess I love him or whatever....except he smells....He's a good guy.
Maybe I'll bare my testimony about missionaries and missionary work. (OK!)
So, missionary work is pretty great. It's how are church grows. It's how other children of God know that they are children of God. It's a precious work. It can be given by anyone. It can be shown by even small things. I know that sharing the gospel with others is scary business, but I know it's necessary.
I would often wonder about why I was lucky enough to be born into the church. The answer came after MUCH pondering; I was born in the church so I could share it. Yay missionary work! Now, if you recall, I chose to not serve a mission, but I don't need to serve a mission to do missionary type stuff. I definitely don't need to have a name tag to tell people how true the church is (see look...a blog) I don't need to leave my family and friends to live my example. I don't need a companion to let people know that they are loved.
And, mind you, I'm not taking anything away from actual missionaries. They are so dedicated to leave their comfort zone and absolutely immerse themselves in the gospel.
I am so grateful to know stand up people that have sacrificed their time for the Lord. I have a testimony of the work that they do. I know that it is such a privilege to witness a conversion in a person. I know that we do have the truth and the world needs to hear it. I know that missionary work is some of the greatest work you can do. (so do it!) (but don't go too crazy....it's off putting....just saying)
I know that we are all loved, I know that we are all children of God. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know He died for my sins. I know that we can all repent and return to live with our Heavenly Father.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Man I need to set some better time aside for this

No comments:

Post a Comment