Monday, August 22, 2011

Testimony #69: um I'm running out of titles for these....

Greetings. (that's right greetings) (I'd thought I'd shake things up)
So, I love my Father in Heaven, I love my church, I love the gospel, I love, well let's do this....
Here is a list of the things I LOVE!
My Savior
The Atonement
The scriptures
Prophets and apostles (past and present!)
The answers I get from prayer
The messages of love, comfort and encouragement I get from Heavenly Father
My Family
My dear friends
My knowledge of the Plan of Happiness
My hope for my future
The challenges I get to grow from
The fact that Heavenly Father loves and trusts me enough to be tested
...I think that's a good place to stop, (I could go on, but I want to give a testimony not a thanktimony)
Given my experiences the past 2 weeks I have been given so much support, so much comfort and encouragement and I have been challenging myself with what I feel and what I know.
I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me. I know that He has had His hand in my day to day life. I know that He has given me the support of family, friends, acquaintances and Church leaders to help me through. I have found meaning in everything I've heard specifically for what I'm about to embark on. I know that if I look for it, if I listen, I will be able to do what I need to do. I know I have work to do and I testify that my work was given to my by the Lord. I know that I was given this role for a reason. I know that I need to finish it before I'm allowed to move on. I know that I can do what the Lord wants me to do. I know that if I put forth my best efforts, the Lord will count that as success. I don't need to be perfect in my eyes. I don't need to worry or not if I'm capable. I don't need to worry. The Lord has me in His hand. I know that my Heavenly Father is there. I know He lives. I know He created me. I know that my full effort is good enough, even thought it won't get me all the way home. I know that Jesus Christ makes up the difference. I know that (wow I use "I know" a lot) I know that He died for my sins. He loves me. He is the only way that I can live again with my Father in Heaven. He did that for me (and you too!) I know that He loves and died for ALL of us. I know that we are all sons and daughters of God. I know that I can be the best through Him.
I know that I am everything and nothing. I have great worth and I deserve this chance to prove myself in this time of probation. I am a Daughter of God. I come from a royal family, for God is my king. I know that I have much to overcome. I cannot do this by myself. If I was on my own I would fail. I would have failed many, many times by now. Luckily I do have the Atonement in my life. Luckily I know that I am loved. I know that everything will be ok. I know that I can become perfect. I can be perfect and whole only through the atonement. I can and I will try my darndest!
I would like to close by saying I know my Redeemer lives. I know God loves me. I know that I'm special.
I know that you are too (feel happy!)
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment