Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Testimony #79: scriptures are true you guys :)

Hey friends,
So, I love the gospel. Shout out. I would like to bare a quick testimony of the power of the scriptures.
The scriptures is where you find answers. I head once that if you want to talk to God, pray. If you want God to talk to you, read your scriptures. That is true :) here are some examples
I was in the temple yesterday looking for guidance, found my answers in the scriptures.
One time I went on a road trip with some friends that weren't members of the church, I felt really out of place and I felt they were looking down on me because of my beliefs. I was very sad and opened up my Scriptures and read the sermon on the mount. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I found my comfort through the scriptures.
I find great examples in the scriptures. They become more meaningful and impressive when you realize that the people actually lived. They wrote down their stories so we could read them and be enlightened. I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. I don't understand how it would have been able to come about without Divine intervention.
It's no secret that Joseph Smith had a third grade education. How could a third grade education write a book that supports and adds to the bible stories? How could Joseph write it so close to the bible in the time he did? How could he write something with so many different writing styles and different point of views? How could he do it if it wasn't translated in the spirit? I testify that it was translated in the spirit. I testify that the only way  the Book of Mormon would have been able to be is through God the Father's help. I testify that it was written by prophets of old. I testify that the principles found in its pages are true. I am grateful to have the scriptures in my life. I need to Cherish and read them more. I know that we will be able to find all sorts of answers.
I testify of my Savior, my Brother, Jesus Christ. I know that He is your Brother/Savior/Redeemer too. I know that He lived and died for our sins. I know it's because He loves us.
I know that God the Father lives. I know He looks after us, I know that we can return to Him one day.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen

No comments:

Post a Comment